birding-aus

Long-range Condors attack Chinese Deer

To: "'Birding Aus'" <>
Subject: Long-range Condors attack Chinese Deer
From: "Philip Veerman" <>
Date: Fri, 10 Apr 2009 14:56:22 +1000
I'm almost sure we have had this discussion about these "Condors" before
a few years ago on BA and I thought the conclusion was that they are the
Indian Black Vulture Sarcogyps calvus but could also be Eurasian Black
Vulture *Aegypius monachus. Although just as in northern Australia all
mid sized raptors are "kite-hawks", there may be more than one species
called that.

Philip Veerman
24 Castley Circuit
Kambah  ACT  2902