birding-aus

AGP still at Boat Harbour - Kurnell

To: <>
Subject: AGP still at Boat Harbour - Kurnell
From: "Jackett family" <>
Date: Sun, 22 Mar 2009 09:53:20 +1100
Hi all

The AGP was seen at 6pm on the 21st of March by Nigel Jackett, Jaime Hall
and myself.  It was amongst a small number of PGP which were to the left
(10-15 metres) of a group of Silver Gulls, Stints and Terns roosting on the
rocks near the waters edge. Also seen at the same location was Ruddy
Turnstone, Eastern Reef Egret, Sooty Oystercatcher and White-faced Heron.
We drove straight in and never had to pay as the toll booth was closed.  We
took the 2WD track first and found the gate was locked so we went around to
the 4WD track and took it to the last crest where we parked our 2WD car.
Further on you would have to go down a hill and on to the beach.  The track
is very firm and I do not think any 2WD would have problems as long as it is
dry.  It was only a few minutes from the entrance to the site of the birds
driving this way.  We did not see any other birders there at the time.

Regards

Carla Jackett
Kangaroo Valley NSW