birding-aus

AGP at Boat Harbour

To: David Hair <>,
Subject: AGP at Boat Harbour
From: Nikolas Haass <>
Date: Tue, 17 Mar 2009 19:29:42 -0700 (PDT)
Hi all,

Tun Pin first reported it 12th January, I first saw it 18th January. At this
point the bird was very drab and very different from the PGPs but didn't really
look like a good candidate for an AGP - thanks, Tun Pin, again for your
persistence! So your bird, David, could very well have been Tun Pin's bird. You
don't need to be embarrassed - the bird was almost unidentifiable anyway at
that stage.
Last time I saw the bird was 1st March. The bird then looked like a good
candidate for an AGP.
However, whoever goes to have a look should carefully try to confirm as many as
possible field marks.
There are still a few characters of this bird that make it somewhat
intermediate between the two species - e.g. bill shape, wing projection (also
the primary projection is rather at the shorter end for AGP). I total I agree
with most posters: most field marks fit better to AGP.

Cheers,

Nikolas

Nikolas Haass

Sydney, NSW