birding-aus

Laughing Gull

To: Phil & Sue Gregory <>
Subject: Laughing Gull
From: Andy Burton <>
Date: Sun, 15 Mar 2009 18:31:27 +1100

That's a worry........ Some years ago I found a Laughing Gull at Lakes Entrance, Victoria. It was larger than the surrounding Silver Gulls and the record was accepted by BARC.

Andy

The Laughing Gull was still at Cairns March 14, with a few Silver Gulls opposite the kids playground. A couple of juv delinquents were throwing mud at the gulls and it ignored them! It's looking decidedly threadbare, the secondaries are looking very abraded, and I'm still amazed at how small it is, smaller than Silver Gull. Sum plum Great knots too, Grey-tailed tattlers coming into bd, some nice things.
Phil Gregory
www.casswary-house.com.au