birding-aus

Bushnnell binoculars and service

To: "Sue Lashko" <>
Subject: Bushnnell binoculars and service
From: "Peter Abbott" <>
Date: Sun, 15 Mar 2009 15:24:02 +1100
Hi Sue.

We had the same issues with Bushnells. My wife owned a pair and we had endless problems with the straps/lugs necessitating visits to Bintel and numerous interim repairs in the field. We soon realised that the irritation value was too high.

I had bought Nikon Monarchs a while beforehand and had been happy with them so we went for another pair - 8x42s.We bought through the internet - bluebazooka.com was the best priced at the time. Delivery was swift and we are satisfied with the purchase. We had considered Kowa which we found to be marginally sharper then the Nikon but also quite a bit more expensive.

Clearly, if you are buying 'affordable' binos through the internet, you won't get Leica/ Swarowski service, nor will you be able to use Bintel for troubleshooting but those are the trade-offs.

Peter Abbott.