birding-aus

A frivolous note - books for children

To: "Birding-Aus" <>
Subject: A frivolous note - books for children
From: "Paul Doyle" <>
Date: Wed, 11 Mar 2009 19:01:17 +1100
I thought the best thing about 'The Birdwatchers' (the ordinal book that
someone spoke of) was that the representations of the birds were all accurate
(in a children's watercolour sort of way). I was able to identify nearly every
bird depicted: not that that's important, but it gave the whole thing a sort of
verisimilitude that impressed on me that the artist knew something about birds.
It is a lovely book, but I probably enjoyed it more than my kids, except for
the twist in he tail.

Paul.