birding-aus

Re: RFI Werribee Treatment Plant

To: <>, "'Birding Aus'" <>
Subject: Re: RFI Werribee Treatment Plant
From: "Paul Dodd" <>
Date: Fri, 6 Mar 2009 19:37:19 +1100
Mark,

If you go with someone that has a permit, you won't need your own permit
(you travel under theirs).

I don't believe that you can get a permit for 2 days, but you can get a
2-yearly permit. What you do is download the birdwatching kit from the
website, then send the application form and fee in. Some weeks later they
will send you a permit (it may be possible to expedite this, but I'm not
sure how). You will also need a key to get in. You can do this by calling
the office during the week, OR you apply for your own key (at additional
expense).

I strongly recommend going with someone that has local knowledge if you
haven't been before, because the plant is HUGE! Post a request on
birding-aus, or let me know your dates - Ruth and I are usually happy to
take people around, as are others, but it does depend on dates and
circumstances not getting in the way!

Paul Dodd
Docklands, Victoria