birding-aus

Missing Cockatoos

To: "Roger Giller" <>
Subject: Missing Cockatoos
From: Andy Burton <>
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2009 21:21:52 +1100

They were there last Thursday, in good numbers.

Andy

Hi All,

I was at Wattle Flat in Royal National Park today. Over a 3 hour period I saw only one Sulphur Crested Cockatoo. Normally there are large numbers of these calling and flying about. They come into the picnic shed and get in to any lunch bags etc. left on the tables and generally make a nuisance of themselves.

Would anybody know why they seem to have moved away?

The Little Corellas that have been there the last few months were also absent. Plenty of Noisy Friarbirds though.

Roger Giller