birding-aus

Scarlet Chested Parrot - Overwhelming success!! and thanks to many at Bi

Subject: Scarlet Chested Parrot - Overwhelming success!! and thanks to many at Birding Aus
From: Donald Kimball <>
Date: Sat, 24 Jan 2009 23:10:46 -0800 (PST)
Like some of us I dreamed of seeing this species in its natural habitat for=
 literally decades!=A0=A0 Today this dream came to fruition as I continue m=
y quest to film as many aussie parrots in the wild as possibble during my s=
ix month visit here from North America.=A0

I am a bit emotional as I say thanks to some key people who have contacted =
me personally and who without reservation gave me super specific informatio=
n where they had seen their own SCP's.=A0=A0 If for some reason I failed to=
 contact all of you personally please accept my apologies and heartfeltt th=
anks!

Today after considerable expense and doubts I would even lay eyes on a juve=
nile (let alone an adult) I spent about 30 minutes or so with a flawlessly =
beautiful irredescent adult male and acquired very good
 footage of it as we=
ll as it fed, perched, and sang a very finch like song.=A0 This was in Sout=
h Australia where I am currently located.

Heartfelt thanks to the staff @ birding Aus as well.=A0 Without birding Aus=
 this film adventure would be practically impossible.

Thank folks!!!!!!

Don Kimball