birding-aus

Bicentennial Park Lewins Rail

To: Peter Shute <>
Subject: Bicentennial Park Lewins Rail
From: L&L Knight <>
Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2009 07:25:25 +1000
Buff-banded rails are also impressive dispersers.

You find them on islands throughout the Indian and Pacific Oceans

On 23/01/2009, at 7:18 AM, Peter Shute wrote:

I was wondering more about why it's sitting in full view so much, rather than it's flying ability. Although I wonder how much their dispersal skills rely more on their abilty to float when they're tired. I didn't know they were in places like that.

Peter Shute

Sent using BlackBerry