birding-aus

Tasmania Pelagic July '09 - 190 miles offshore

To: <>
Subject: Tasmania Pelagic July '09 - 190 miles offshore
From: Simon Mustoe <>
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2009 01:52:15 +0000
Hi,

Just a quick note to say that the Tasmanian pelagic this year will be on board
the Yacht Blizzard, a 20m long aluminium-hulled ocean-going yacht built for
Antarctic cruises. The proposed route will take in two sea mounts, including
the Soela, which is located a few miles inside Australian waters
(http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF8&hl=en&msa=0&msid=109396269382068491594.0004608e1c4445e9d82aa&t=h&z=7).

Weather depending, the trips will be three days at sea spread over five days,
so we have some flexibility with the weather in terms of when we leave and
depart. For the rest of the time, you will be able to stay on board the boat.
The trip price will be $1150 per person and requires a 50% deposit
non-refundable deposit.

The first trip will be three days at sea between 14-18 July 2009 (9 pax) The
second three days at sea between 19-23 July 2009 (9 pax)
I still have a couple of spaces available on the second trip and quite a few
for the first trip.

Regards,

Simon Mustoe.