birding-aus

Fraser's Hill Malaysia Accommodation Closure

To: Birding-Aus Aus <>
Subject: Fraser's Hill Malaysia Accommodation Closure
From: Carl Clifford <>
Date: Sun, 11 Jan 2009 13:19:02 +1100
Dear All,

I apologise for the off subject post, but it may be of interest to any Birders heading off to Malaysia. Many birders visiting Fraser's Hill stay in the Fraser's Hill Development Corporation (FHDC) accommodation such as the Puncack Inn and the various Bungalows operated by the FHDC. I discovered during the week that the FHDC has closed ALL of their accommodation for renovation. It is planned to have the renovations completed early this year. I don't know how the world economic situation has affected the completion date, but I would strongly advise checking the situation first. There is plenty of other places to stay of course, but I have found the FHDC Bungalows to be the best option in the past. I do not know how the renovations will affect the prices, but I imagine that they will be upgraded as well.

Fraser's Hill's bird expert is still employed by the FHDC and can be contacted on + 60139831633 or

Cheers,

Carl Clifford