birding-aus

Cape York Tour

Subject: Cape York Tour
From: Ian Davies <>
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2008 18:14:42 +1100
Hi Russell Would you mind posting this for me? Thank you. Ian Davies

I also went on the Cape York Birding tour with John Young. Firstly I would like to thank Rod for his very accurate report re the tour. Secondly,I do not have any association whatever with John, or indeed the `Oz Tour` company that took us, but I would like to reiterate Rods remarks. John is a fantastic, and very knowledgable tour guide, who helped us find many of the Cape York endemics. He was persistent, and has a great knowledge of bird calls which helped us greatly. He also has a real empathy for the bush and everything going on in it. His cheery outlook also helped keep morale high in the group. The Oz tour company also made sure that everything ran smoothly, and nothing was too much trouble for them. We had great food, (even prawns one night!)and they even helped all guests with their tents. If you were thinking of going on a Cape York tour, I can recommend John`s highly. Cheers! Ian