birding-aus

RFI Riverina/Cocoparra

To: "Tim Dolby" <>
Subject: RFI Riverina/Cocoparra
From: david taylor <>
Date: Sat, 6 Dec 2008 18:43:53 +1000
Tim,

I am interested with your comment about Glossy Black Cockatoo being reported at Mt Brogden in Cocaparra National Park. Back in the early 1990's I was staying in Wagga and decided to visit Cocaparra. I was amazed at the time to find a solitary Glossy Black Cockatoo there, and had always felt it was well out of range, but your note suggests they can indeed be found there?

I also recall seeing Budgerygars, which I notice arent on your list.

I believe historically there were Red-lored Whistlers at Cocoparra as well, but they havent been recorded for many years and that the population is believed to have died out?

Its a lovely spot, and your list has some great birds one can see.

cheers

David Taylor
Brisbane