birding-aus

Broad-billed Sandpipers have been seen around Brisbane.

To: Robert Inglis <>
Subject: Broad-billed Sandpipers have been seen around Brisbane.
From: L&L Knight <>
Date: Fri, 7 Nov 2008 16:31:20 +1000
G'day Bob

Isn't the Wandering Tattler at Pt Cartwright a fixture?

LK

On 07/11/2008, at 3:18 PM, Robert Inglis wrote:

I was hoping that the people who saw this species in a suburb of Brisbane last Sunday (2nd Nov) would have passed that info on to the dear members of Birding-Aus by now, but alas, that was not to be.

I believe Broad-billed Sandpipers were recorded in an "off-limits-to- the-general-public" area in a suburb of Brisbane last Sunday but I have since found while reviewing some photos I took on the same day that they were also at Manly (Brisbane). I wonder if Broad-bills were seen by the large wader-watching group at Toorbul on Saturday?

Oh, and Bobby's been a bad boy. He didn't tell all and sundry about the Wandering Tattlers at Pt Cartwright and Caloundra.
Smack! Smack!
Ah, but he did get some photos! ;-)

Cheers

Bob Inglis