birding-aus

Bird list database - ebird (North America)

To: 'Jackett family' <>, "" <>
Subject: Bird list database - ebird (North America)
From: Peter Shute <>
Date: Thu, 9 Oct 2008 10:09:17 +1100
The two main Australian online databases are Eremaea (www.eremaea.com) and
Birdpedia (http://www.birdpedia.com), not sure if there are others now, I know
there was at least one other announced sometime this year.  Not sure what
Birdpedia can give you, but Eremaea can certainly give you various statistics,
such as your life list/count, target species, year lists, etc.

I won't rant on again about how it reduces the value of the data to have it
scattered across many databases.

Peter Shute