birding-aus

Channel-billed Cuckoo callling

To: "Birding Aus" <>
Subject: Channel-billed Cuckoo callling
Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2008 17:03:15 +1000 (EST)
Hi everyone,

I'm endlessly fascinated by bird migration patterns and Channel-billed
Cuckoo raise all sorts of interesting questions. For instance, I've been
out and about around Newcastle and Lake Macquarie in NSW recently and so
far I've not heard any calls from CBC's. Yet some have already arrived in
the Sydney region which is merely a 150km skip down the road from this
point on the eastern seaboard.

Wonder what the logic and logistics are of CBC migration patterns and
whether anyone has taken a serious research interest in the dynamics.

cheers

Craig Williams
Kotara NSW