birding-aus

Re: Painted Finch north of Jerilderie, NSW Riverina

Subject: Re: Painted Finch north of Jerilderie, NSW Riverina
From: Frank O'Connor <>
Date: Tue, 02 Sep 2008 23:46:17 +0800

In my spreadsheet for birds of each state and territory, I have the following records for Painted Finch in NSW passed on to me by Alan Morris.

Sep 1992 Cameron's Corner to Fort Grey (Morris)
May 2007 Broken Hill (Morris)
May 2007 Sturt NP (Morris)
July 2007 Sturt NP (Morris)

I don't know exactly where Jerilderie is in relation to these sites. But I would think there was an excellent chance that they have come there naturally.