birding-aus

Facebook and Birding-aus

To: Birding Aus <>
Subject: Facebook and Birding-aus
From: Russell Woodford <>
Date: Sun, 31 Aug 2008 22:58:33 +1000
I've been using Facebook for a while so I'll set up a group there called Birding-Aus. I agree with Kurtis that it would be a good place to post images, etc - although I don't recommend it above other image- hosting services like Flickr and Photobucket.

I don't think the Facebook group would be the best place for "mainstream" birding-aus messages. For a start, not everyone can access it, and a lot of people are concerned about how the site manages personal data. You also have to be a Facebook MEMBER to see anything there. So I think Birding-Aus should stay as just a mailing list for its core purpose: for discussion about Australian wild birds.

Facebook might be a useful place to discuss issues that get too far away form this core purpose, and of course to host photos and images, as well as "face to face" meetings for those who are game to try it.

So -  if you are on Facebook, look for the Birding-Aus group and join up

Cheers

Russell

Russell Woodford
Birding-Aus List Owner