birding-aus

Blue wing Kookaburra

To: <>
Subject: Blue wing Kookaburra
From: "Wendy Dunn" <>
Date: Fri, 15 Aug 2008 16:42:36 +1000
A female Blue-Winged Kookaburra turned up in the country town of Boonah during
May this year and has been around ever since. The Blue-Winged kookaburra's
haven't been recorded in Boonah before.  The town is not far from the NSW
border in SE Qld.  Last week a second Blue Winged Kookaburra joined the female,
they were both perched in a Silky Oak tree in my garden making their terrible
call.  I was unable to ID whether the second bird it was a male or female at
the time of the sighting, both had the white eyes of the Blue Winged Kookaburra.

Wendy Dunn