birding-aus

Little Stint RFI

To: "'David Stowe'" <>, "'birdingaus Aus'" <>
Subject: Little Stint RFI
From: "Paul Dodd" <>
Date: Sat, 2 Aug 2008 19:54:01 +1000
Dave and everyone else interested,

Ruth and I together with Bill Stent and Russell Woodford spent most of the
day at the WTP - I was keen to see if we could find the stint, but no joy.

There has been a fair bit of rain and the ponds are fuller than they were a
couple of weeks ago when Ruth and I saw the stint. However, late in the day
we *did* see some Red-necked Stints in the same pond that we saw the Little
Stint in two weeks ago. We searched the South Borrie ponds, the mudflats
from the hide, the Conservation Ponds (where we had seen Red-necked Stints
two weeks ago). For good measure we also checked The Spit and the T-Section
Lagoons.

Since the Little Stint has now not been sighted for two weeks, I think that
it safe to assume that it is gone.

Paul Dodd
Docklands, Victoria