birding-aus

Some good birds around Brisbane

To: Peter Shute <>, <>
Subject: Some good birds around Brisbane
From: Tony Eales <>
Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2008 06:19:32 +0000
Heh, my bad. It looked weird as I typed it so I should've spelled the whole
thing out or looked it up in Anoraks to Zitting Cisticolas. As for how the
Collared Sparrowhawk got at the birds it remains something of a mystery. Likely
the male reacted as he used to to any perceived threat by waddling up and
hissing with open beak. The bars of the cage are quite wide , fully 20mm, but
it's still a testament to the agility and persistence of the predator that it
could get two birds in a cage hanging from the underside of a shade-cloth
roofed pergola. I managed to get a decent shot of the killer bird today which
I'll put up probably on ABID.

Cheers Tony