birding-aus

black breasted button quails

To: "john hammond" <>, "Birding- aus" <>
Subject: black breasted button quails
From: "Jill Molan" <>
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2008 07:28:40 +1000
By the way, my previous email on this topic was NOT meant in any way to be a
recrimination against John or to make him feel bad. It was an immediate
response to one of the facts of life of birding. We all miss birds that
others see at some point.

The wonderful thing about Birding-Aus is the way it has allowed such
observations to be shared. Making postings to the list about unusual
sightings is not mandatory, people can choose whether they share their
special spot or not.

I just want to thank John for sharing his sighting with the list, it is a
fantastic find, exciting and very heartening to know of another spot for
this species - and in a metropolitan area. The issue of whether any of us
get to see these particular birds pales into insignificance with the fact
that they are there.
thanks John
Jill

--