birding-aus

a tribute to noisy miners

To: "Robyn Charlton" <>
Subject: a tribute to noisy miners
From: peter crow <>
Date: Wed, 28 May 2008 16:43:48 +1000
Hello Rob,

Yes humanity has had a large impact on biodiversity and part of that impact is building environments in which Noisy Miners flourish, multiply and see off so many other species.

Sorry, but I see them as a pest species. As they are native I am unwilling to take steps to kill them but I am happy to get rid of many flowering shrubs which support them. I would be happy to live in a city which has about one tenth of the miners that are at present in Brisbane.

Peter