birding-aus

An Albatross Horror Story

To: "birding-aus" <>
Subject: An Albatross Horror Story
From: "Terry Bishop" <>
Date: Tue, 20 May 2008 20:19:58 +1000
I meant to add that the galah had a happy 5years with me. He could still climb
to the top perch by climbing up the side of the cage. The top perch was not very
high up as he could balance when awake he used to lose balance at night when
asleep and fall off. I had replaceable/washable foam mats on the bottom of the
cage for such occasions. I used to call him "a silly old bugger" when he fell
off and it wasn't long before he would say the same when he fell off. I have one
at the moment with an injured wing after being rescued from a dog, but it does
not have the same vibrant personality.