birding-aus

New Member

To: "birding aus" <>
Subject: New Member
Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2008 17:31:16 +1000

Max

Welcome!

The majority of birders are probably old fogies like me but I'm sure you'll
find people your age in the various clubs and organisations.

If you haven't already joined, I suggest that you consider membership of
Birds Australia and/or Bird Observation and Conservation Australia as well
as any local birding or 'friends of' groups.

My parents instilled a love of nature in me from a very young age but it is
only relatively recently (1990s) that I began compiling lists and records
of my observations.  I am a little ahead of you in species seen and
correctly identified but not by very much.

I hope you continue to enjoy birding and hopefully inspire other young
people to take a greater interest in birds and our environment.

Regards

David

             "
             .au"
             .au>
             birding-aus-bounc
                                                   Subject
                                       [Birding-Aus] New Member

             21/04/08 09:27 AM

             Please respond to

                    au

Hi everyone.

Just saying hello from a new member. Ive been reading messages on
Birding-Aus for a while, but only now have I decided to sign up. Im
thirteen and I have been birding for about ten months now since I got back
from a trip around Australia. I have seen and properly identified  272
different species of Australian birds, which isn't that much, but for a
thirteen year old it probably  is.
The trouble with birding at this age is that I don't know anyone my age
who's interested in birds, except for my cousin.

Looking forward to reading more.

Max.

Any personal or sensitive information contained in this email and
attachments must be handled in accordance with the Victorian Information
Privacy Act 2000, the Health Records Act 2001 or the Privacy Act 1988
(Commonwealth), as applicable.

This email, including all attachments, is confidential.  If you are not the
intended recipient, you must not disclose, distribute, copy or use the
information contained in this email or attachments.  Any confidentiality or
privilege is not waived or lost because this email has been sent to you in
error.  If you have received it in error, please let us know by reply
email, delete it from your system and destroy any copies.