birding-aus

Birding in Bali, May - June 2008

To: "Birding Aus" <>
Subject: Birding in Bali, May - June 2008
From: "Lawrie Conole" <>
Date: Tue, 8 Apr 2008 15:53:51 +1000
Hi birders

My wife, 3 y.o daughter and I are going to be lazing about in Ubud, Bali in
the last week of May and first three weeks of June 2008.  I'll be doing a
bit of casual local birding (really can't be avoided!), but I'd be
interested in tagging along on any other birding jaunts over a day or two if
other birders are passing by (share some costs, etc.).

My main birding obsession in that part of the world is to catch up with a
few more woodpecker species in the field - so far I'm rather ashamed to say
that of the species which nominally occur in Bali, I've seen only one
(Fulvous-breasted).  I'm sure to consult Su in Ubud for more information,
but if there are other Bali-literate birders out there with suggestions for
any of the other species (other than going to Java!), please feel free to
fill me in on the gen ... reply to me direct (I'll summarise the
suggestions/information).

I expect I'll be accessible by SMS/mobile on my Australian number whilst
there.

TIA

--
Lawrie Conole