birding-aus

Fork-tailed Swifts

To: "Russell Woodford" <>, "birding birding-aus" <>
Subject: Fork-tailed Swifts
From: "John Harris" <>
Date: Tue, 01 Apr 2008 23:48:09 +1000
Dear All
Have just come back from WA, where on Sunday and Monday saw upwards of 1000
forkies in the Badgingarra, Cervantes, Jurien Bay area (about 2-2.5 hours Nth
of Perth).  All were flying ahead of the Cyclone Pancho storm front.  I have
never seen that many forkies, let alone spine-tails, before.  Also a few very
small swifts (I think) which I have taken moderate photos of.  Will let you
know the consensus when I get around to showing them to those more knowledgable
with these birds.

Yours in all things "green"

Regards

John Harris
President, Victorian Association for Environmental Education (VAEE)
Environmental Education Officer
Donvale Christian College
155 Tindals Rd Donvale 3111
0409 090 955

>>> Russell Woodford <> 25/03/2008 11:15 pm >>>
A small number of Fork-tailed swifts over Ironbark basin, near
Torquay, Vic today at about 1 pm.  Probably less than 6 birds, but it
was difficult to get a clear view through the canopy. A brief glimpse
of two more birds over Ocean Grove at about 5pm.

Russell Woodford