birding-aus

project

Subject: project
From: Juni Hoel <>
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2008 18:48:23 +1100
Hi,
I am an environmental honours student with a major in zoology and am currently
doing an honours year in animal behaviour.
My project is on the roosting behaviour of the common myna. We are looking to
see why birds roost communally and if they choose sites based on specific
charactersitics. This inforamtion may also help with the management of this
species that is often considered a pest.
I need to find as many roost sites as possible around Melbourne. If you know of
any, please tell me the location of the roost, how long it has been there, how
many birds occupy it and what structure they roost on. Mainly I just need the
location of roosts though so i can observe them myself.
Thanks, JD.