birding-aus

Flying with protection

To: Greg & Val Clancy <>, Birding-aus <>
Subject: Flying with protection
From: Mick Roderick <>
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2008 16:27:55 -0800 (PST)
Just getting back to the Pardalotes...in my experience whenever I see a larger
bird "chasing" a significantly smaller bird (ie the chase appears to be
territorial, not trying to catch the smaller bird for food anyway), it is
virtually always a Pardalote that is being pursued, as opposed to Silvereyes,
Thornbills etc.

Has anyone else noticed this?

Mick