birding-aus

Yellow Wagtails incl macronyx/thunbergi, Leanyer Sewage Farm Darwin

To: Mike Carter <>, BIRDING-AUS <>
Subject: Yellow Wagtails incl macronyx/thunbergi, Leanyer Sewage Farm Darwin
From: Nikolas Haass <>
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2008 05:42:55 -0800 (PST)
I would agree with t/t hybrid.
This bird does NOT look like a pure thunbergi to me: even though the
supercilium is faint, it is still too much for a (typical) thunbergi which
should either have no supercilium or just a little spot behind the eye. Also
the extend of white at the throat is too much for a pure thunbergi. If this
bird was in Europe I would say it most closely resembles cinereocapilla, which
has a similar supercilium and throat pattern to the Darwin bird - I am NOT
saying that the Darwin bird IS a cinereocapilla!

Again, t/t hybrid makes sense to me.

Nikolas

Nikolas Haass

Sydney, NSW