birding-aus

2. Re: News story calling for cull or corellas

To: Natalia Atkins <>, John Tongue <>
Subject: 2. Re: News story calling for cull or corellas
From: Nikolas Haass <>
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2008 22:04:07 -0800 (PST)
Good point.

In Denmark, Northern Germany and the Netherlands Scandinavian and Siberian
Geese became a so called "plague". The problem was that farmers turned most of
their traditional feeding grounds - the salt marsh - into farm fields. Now the
birds feed on the farmers' farm fields instead. Where else could they go?! In
this case clearly the farmers are the plague and NOT the geese!

Nikolas

Nikolas Haass

Sydney, NSW