birding-aus

RFI: NW western Australia

To: <>
Subject: RFI: NW western Australia
From: "Dejan Stojanovic" <>
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2008 14:28:59 +0900
Hi All,

Heading to Broome at the end of Feb and will be staying at the observatory
for a few days.  Are there any areas I should visit away from the
observatory where I would need to hire a car?  Unsure of wether or not to
get a car to do some of my own exploring- are the tours they offer at the
observatory far reaching enough to give a good cross section of the local
birds (making it unnecessary to have my own vehicle)?

Also, I contemplated hiring a car anyway to drive up to Derby to explore-
are there any good places to stop at either on the way to, or in the
vicinity of Derby?  I was particularly keen to get a look at some of the
finches up there (like Gouldians, pictorellas, masks and long tails), great
bowerbirds, purple crowned fairy wrens etc., and any other good spots along
the way.  Given that it will be Feb, I assume it will be harder to find the
finches etc because of the wet season?

Thanks for the help,

Dee.

Dejan Stojanovic

Conservation Officer

Carnaby's Black-Cockatoo Recovery Project

Birds Australia WA

167 Perry Lakes Drive

Floreat WA  6014

P: 0428 762 292

F: 08 9387 8412

E:  <>

W:  <http://www.carnabyscockatoo.org> www.carnabyscockatoo.org

Australian Partner of BirdLife International. Are you a member of Birds
Australia? If not, why not join us?

Privileged/confidential information or data may be contained in this
message. If you are not the intended addressee indicated in this message,
you may not copy or deliver this message or take an action in reliance on
it. In such case, you should destroy this message and kindly notify the
sender by return email. Opinions, conclusions and other information in this
message that do not relate to the official business of Birds Australia
shall be understood as neither given nor endorsed by it. Birds Australia
accepts no liability for any damage caused in the transmission, receipt or
opening of this message and any files transmitted with it.