birding-aus

Little Curlew dip

To: <>, <>
Subject: Little Curlew dip
From: "lingham" <>
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2008 09:49:43 +1100
The Little Curlew on Bulban Road Little River was seen on Sunday afternoon,
around 4:00pm, at the spot marked by the plastic, but much further back in
the paddock. From the gate in the southwest corner of the paddock, look left
to the second wooden post and then count six more steel posts. The bird was
about 20 metres inside the paddock from this spot, with 18 Banded Lapwing.
It helped if you had a slightly elevated viewing point from Bulban Road. A
telescope was essential. About 20 people managed to get a distant view.

Having dipped on Friday, I was determined to examine every rock to try and
spot the bird on my second try. Friday was not entirely wasted - a tour
along the local "rough tracks" yielded Zebra Finch, Brown Songlark and
Singing Bushlark.

Barry Lingham