birding-aus

Long Reef/Warriewood Day trip - nothing to report

To: "Evan Beaver" <>, "Birding-aus" <>
Subject: Long Reef/Warriewood Day trip - nothing to report
From: "Peter Shute" <>
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2008 09:25:26 +1100
 wrote on Monday, 21 January 2008 7:14
AM:

> Spent yesterday poking around Long Reef and Warriewood
> wetlands yesterday, 2 areas I've been meaning to check out

Did you continue across the road into Irrawong Reserve?  I don't know if
they're regulars there, but when I was there in early December there
were lots of Golden Whistlers around the little bridge.  I've never seen
them sit still for me like that before.

And did you come across many dogs off leash?  I came across several and
the common excuse from the owners was that there isn't a sign about it
at the shopping centre end of the path from there to the housing estate
in the north.  It's not true, but the sign consists only of a tiny
little picture of a dog with a red line through it, amongst all the
other little pictures of things you shouldn't do.

>From memory there were some "cats not allowed" signs, which amused me,
but hopefully they have some influence on whether the locals lock their
cats up.

A great place, but like you I didn't get there early enough.

Peter Shute