birding-aus

Inland Dotterels (was "The opinions of Plains-wanderers")

To: "'Birding-Aus Aus'" <>
Subject: Inland Dotterels (was "The opinions of Plains-wanderers")
From: "Stephen Ambrose" <>
Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2008 08:37:32 +1100
During my Ph.D studies at the Eyre Bird Observatory (EBO) in the 1980s,
Inland Dotterels were seen regularly in small numbers on Kanidal Beach. They
always occurred as single birds. The late Peter Congreve, warden of EBO at
the time, was successful in banding some of the Inland Dotterels. I don't
know if this species still occurs there occasionally, but I suspect it
probably does.

Dr Stephen Ambrose

Ryde, NSW