birding-aus

RFI: pelagic birding in Oz

To: Bruce Christensen <>, <>
Subject: RFI: pelagic birding in Oz
From: inger vandyke <>
Date: Sun, 16 Dec 2007 06:29:03 +0000
Hi Bruce,

Try Damian O'Connor in Tasmania - +61 427 657 036 or

If you are working with horses, you may already know this but we've had an
outbreak of equine influenza here in Australia and movements of people who are
working with horses may be restricted.  I don't want to put you off but you may
wish to look further at the following site

http://www.outbreak.gov.au/pests_diseases/pests_diseases_animals/equine_influenza/faqs.htm

To gain further information about the quarantine restrictions currently here.
I found the following which may or may not relate to your visit.
Why are movements and events being restricted?
The movement of horses and donkeys, and the holding of equestrian events are
being restricted to help stop the spread of equine influenza. EI is very easily
spread by contact between infected horses, and by people with infected
clothing, tools and equipment, and vehicles. It is important that horse
movement restrictions are taken seriously. You can be fined and even given a
jail term for breaching movement restrictions.
Movement restrictions that apply to your State or Territory
Anyway, you are heading to two incredibly spectacular places, both with great
birds.

Enjoy your visit.

Cheers,  Inger Vandyke Publicity Officer - Southern Oceans Seabird Study
Association (SOSSA) Mob:  0402 286 437> From: > To:
> Date: Sat, 15 Dec 2007 21:50:37 -0500> Subject:
[Birding-Aus] RFI: pelagic birding in Oz> > > My family and I are from America
and working with the horses here in Victoria during the current breeding season
as vets. We will finish in February and will take a few weeks to relax and look
around before we leave your country. I will be with my family in Tasmania the
first week of March and in Port Douglas the following 2 weeks. I would be very
interested in a pelagic birding trip and wonder if anyone can point me towards
any possibilities. I have not had very good success finding anything on the
internet.> > Cheers,> > Bruce Christensen>