birding-aus

Birding around Melbourne

Subject: Birding around Melbourne
From: "Brendan McGarry" <>
Date: Sat, 1 Dec 2007 17:17:21 +1100
Hey Folks,
                a few months back I wrote about a trip I had planned
(with the silly idea of trying to get into the middle of the country
in January...).  Well after some issues with my field work with Satin
Bowerbirds up in N. NSW, instead of doing my trip I am now leaving
early and staying with relatives both in Inverloch and in Melbourne.
So I have two questions - where are some either very accessible places
(like via bike or bus) to go birding from Doncaster and also if there
would be anyone I could tag along with if they are headed anywhere.  I
am here in Inverloch till Wed. December 5th before I head back to
Doncaster and I fly out on the 11th.  I've seen most of the common
birds but I can't leave without getting out birding either on my own
or with people who fully know the meaning of it.  Don't mean to sound
rude, but I am sure people can understand birding with relatives who
aren't birders or really even that interested in birds.  Thanks in
advance for any help people can offer me. Besides the fowl up of my
volunteer time (which from Sept. to Late October was fantastic), I've
had a wonderful time in Australia.

-Brendan

--
-Brendan