birding-aus

RE: Egg Collectors

To: "'Philip Veerman'" <>
Subject: RE: Egg Collectors
From: "Cliff & Dianne Dent" <>
Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2007 20:04:36 +1100
Hi Philip

Obviously you are not familiar with Monty Python.

‘We used to dream of having binoculars and a field guide’,

I now find the concept of collecting bird’s eggs repulsive.

At the time the skill was to locate the nests.

Only one egg per species was taken so I am sure the impact was negligible.

Less than 40 eggs over a 5 year period is hardly going to decimate the
population, especially when there was an abundance of birds.

This was birdwatching in the 60s.

Cliff (silly old ex pom) Dent

   _____