birding-aus

Egg Collectors?

To: <>, "Evan Beaver" <>
Subject: Egg Collectors?
From: "Bill Stent" <>
Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2007 12:18:22 +1100
Putting a password on Birding-Aus wouldn't stop egg collectors
subscribing, Peter .

Any such person (if they can be called that) could simply lay low,
establishing their credentials as a virtuous birdo while sneakily
pursuing their obsession on the side.

Are there any ideas about how much of a problem this is in Australia?  I
do know about exporters of live incubated eggs, but I had the idea that
egg-blowers were a dying breed.  My grandfather used to do it, he even
showed me how to do it with chook eggs to see how hard it really is.  He
said that the smaller the eggs the harder it was.

Bill