birding-aus

Lesser Yellowlegs at South West Rocks

To: Birding-Aus <>
Subject: Lesser Yellowlegs at South West Rocks
From: Matt Hinze <>
Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2007 08:59:50 +1100
Yes, a Lesser Yellowlegs has turned up at South West Rocks!

Ken Shingleton found it on Sunday, Oct 28th. Yesterday morning he took out
Keith Brandwood to see it, then I heard about it and went out with him again in
the afternoon. We were there from 3pm to 4pm and got good looks at it through
his scope from about 30-50m. It is in one of the last swamps along Boyter's
Lane, Pelican Island. We were able to see all its defining features including
its rump pattern, chest colouration, bill size and shape, its eyebrow, and its
long yellow legs. It was accompanied by Sharpies and Marsh Sandpipers. It is
clearly larger than a Marshy. Ken expects an influx of "bird-tourists" as a
result of this find....
It's simple! Sell your car for just $30 at CarPoint.com.au
http://a.ninemsn.com.au/b.aspx?URL=http%3A%2F%2Fsecure%2Dau%2Eimrworldwide%2Ecom%2Fcgi%2Dbin%2Fa%2Fci%5F450304%2Fet%5F2%2Fcg%5F801459%2Fpi%5F1004813%2Fai%5F859641&_t=762955845&_r=tig_OCT07&_m=EXT==============================www.birding-aus.org