birding-aus

Yellow-tipped Pardalotes

To: Birding Aus <>
Subject: Yellow-tipped Pardalotes
From: Michael Todd <>
Date: Sun, 28 Oct 2007 17:29:54 +1100
Hello all,

This afternoon I've put up some more photos onto my website (www.wildlifing.com). The passerines section of the site is still very messy- It is part of an ongoing overhaul that I am putting it through. Its a slow process.

The photos are of a pair of Yellow-tipped Pardalotes (Striated Pardalotes) that are nesting in an erosion bank behind my house at Ranelagh, Tasmania (south of Hobart). There are actually two nests about 10 metres apart in the same bank. To fill out the webpage a bit I've included a couple of Superb Fairywren photos and a couple of European Goldfinch photos. The goldfinches are nesting in a rosebush near my back gate.

Masked Owl work is slowly marching along. I've been working in the Geeveston area over the last couple of weeks. Found and listened to a particularly vocal male masked owl down in the Geeveston area about a week ago. Scrubtits, Tas Thornbills, Wedge-tailed Eagle and Swift Parrots are some of the other things I've seen down that way recently. The Swift Parrots have been feeding in flowering Eucalyptus ovata rather than the usual Euc. globulus. In the mammal line I've seen the smallest Eastern Quoll that I've seen, just about rat-sized, very cute.

Cheers

Mick Todd

--

Michael Todd