birding-aus

bird calls on the internet

To: "Arwen B. Ximenes" <>, <>
Subject: bird calls on the internet
From: "Peter Shute" <>
Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2007 09:48:19 +1000
There are also a few recordings at
http://abc.net.au/archives/av/birds.htm.

I started out the same way, trying to find them on the net, but there
are too many missing.  I ended up just buying the whole set of BOCA CDs.
Because I can now easily browse through them or just listen to the whole
lot, I have become much more familiar with them all and this helps when
I hear something new - I often know I've heard it on the CDs so I can
find it more quickly.  It's not cheap at about $200, but I think it's
worth it - and I'm the biggest cheapskate out.  I've loaded them all as
mp3's onto my phone, so I can listen to them on the train.

Could your barking sound be a fox?  Have a listen to this recording:
http://www.angelfire.com/ar2/thefoxden/matingcall.wav

Peter Shute