birding-aus

bird calls on the internet

To: <>
Subject: bird calls on the internet
From: "Arwen B. Ximenes" <>
Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2007 07:43:38 +1000
Hi there everyone,
I'm relatively new to birding, though I've always been interested, and I'm new
to Birding-Aus. I just wondered if there are any other recorded bird calls
available on the internet which I haven't come across yet? I have found the
ones on birdpedia.com and birdsinbackyards.net, though I've heard a couple of
calls recently which aren't on there.

First one: a couple of sacred kingfishers calling to each other, in full view
of the road a couple of days ago (Henry St, Lawson - Blue Mountains). I got an
excellent view, truly beautiful creatures, and of course I didn't have my
camera on me! The calls were a lot gentler than any I've heard before - they
didn't seem like alarm calls.

Other one: last night I heard a quiet yapping sound and I thought immediately
of the barking owl (which I've never heard before) - none of the recordings of
the barking owl seem close, so perhaps it was just something else. Being in the
middle of the night I didn't have the energy to grab the camera and do a quick
recording so I've forgotten it in part and can't describe it more accurately.

Any comments?

thanks,
Arwen

Overpaid or Underpaid? Check our comprehensive Salary Centre
http://a.ninemsn.com.au/b.aspx?URL=http%3A%2F%2Fcontent%2Emycareer%2Ecom%2Eau%2Fsalary%2Dcentre%3Fs%5Fcid%3D595810&_t=766724125&_r=Hotmail_Email_Tagline_MyCareer_Oct07&_m=EXT==============================www.birding-aus.org