birding-aus

Interested in going to Western Treatment Plant Oct 12 or 13?

To: <>
Subject: Interested in going to Western Treatment Plant Oct 12 or 13?
From: "Stephen Marks" <>
Date: Sun, 7 Oct 2007 21:26:45 -0700
I am an American academic, currently in Canberra but soon traveling to
Melbourne.  One of the kind Canberra birders I have gotten out and
around with, Geoffrey Dabb, says that the Western Treatment Plant at
Werribee is a must see, and recommended that I check to see if anyone
will be going there during the time I have in Melbourne.  (I've also
birded with Anthony Overs and David McDonald here in Canberra, if you're
interested in references.)

I'll be staying near the University of Melbourne.  I arrive on Oct 10
but would have time only on Oct 12 or better yet Oct 13.  I could rent
my own car to reach the area, or could be willing to accompany birders
out to Werribee.

If this fits with your own plans, I'd be delighted to hear from you.

Thanks!

All the best,

Stephen V. Marks

Professor of Economics