birding-aus

Willy wagtail and kookaburra

To: Birding-aus <>
Subject: Willy wagtail and kookaburra
From: "John Leonard" <>
Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2007 07:48:25 +1000
I once saw a Willie Wagtail attack a bobcat which was moving earth near the
WW's nest. It used the same technique as described by Tracey, namely
perching on the roof, chattering and pecking. The bird was attacking it at
8am when I went to Uni, and still attacking it in the evening when I came
back. I'm surprised it didn't die of exhaustion. The story has a happy
ending, the nest wasn't destroyed and the pair went on to rear three young.

John Leonard

--
John Leonard
Canberra