birding-aus

The Great Northern Beaches Fairy-wren Survey

To: "John Leonard" <>
Subject: The Great Northern Beaches Fairy-wren Survey
From: Ricki Coughlan <>
Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2007 19:07:15 +1000
Hi all

The survey will map numbers, families and relationships with vegetation. I believe that fluctuations in numbers and balance of species on these measures will help provide some info re change in habitats. Certainly this will be more so for Variegated Fairy-wrens which mostly appear to favour dense shrub layer and are less tolerant of disturbance (we think and we might know if more surveys of this kind are conducted).

Is there anyone out there who would like to contribute by leading a group on one of the survey trails on either Saturday or Sunday September 22 & 23 by any chance? It will take an hour and a half. Part of the focus of this project is to attract people to bird watching and enjoying nature in general. It will be fun.

Happy birding

Ricki Coughlan

http://www.redtail.net.au/fairy-wrens