birding-aus

Re: Pelagic trips

To: "'Reid'" <>, "'Birding Aus'" <>
Subject: Re: Pelagic trips
From: "Tony Russell" <>
Date: Sat, 25 Aug 2007 09:31:00 +0930
Yeah, me too.

 Given the number of trips I've been on I don't get much of a return any
more in terms of ticks per trip, in fact the return has sometimes been
nil.  And the prospect of a nil return for the cost of feeling crook all
day just isn't on. That's paying ca $100 per trip to be sick. Not what I
call a reasonable investment thank you.  Twitcher though I be, there
have to be some birds I reluctantly will not see, the price is too high.

I guess it's one thing for the hardy types in their grand bravado to wax
lyrical about the great experience of seeing the magnificent birds fly
past ( and I guess it's good luck to them),  but would be quite another
if they were to also experience a good dose of mal de mer. They might
then sing a different song and then be less dismissive of those who
suffer.  I'd like to see that !

Tony.