birding-aus

Grey Falcon, Onslow, WA

Subject: Grey Falcon, Onslow, WA
From: "Nathan Waugh" <>
Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2007 17:01:07 +0800
Hi All,

Driving back to onslow from a homestead at 4:30pm on Wednesday (8th Aug 07)
afternoon a colleuge and I observed a single Grey Falcon flying low over the
road 30m or so in front of the car. It flew very hobbylike but with
backswept wings for a short while. After stopping the car I was not able to
relocate it. But it was a great view in the low sun making the bird look
quite spectacular. (The bird was not observed over the following 2 days
working in the area).

Location was taken:E0294419, N 7587720 (GMT).

Cheers

Nathan Waugh
Karratha, WA