birding-aus

Lyrebirds

To: <>
Subject: Lyrebirds
From: "Jill Dark" <>
Date: Tue, 7 Aug 2007 19:33:15 +1000
While I was reading Carol's posting about lyrebirds my resident female walked
past the window.  She has been appearing with a bent tail for some weeks now
but she doesn't seem to be carrying food yet.  Last year's juvenile is still
around and this afternoon I saw a bird, presumably the male, with no tail at
all.  Rain would be most welcome as the garden is showing signs of devastation
again.

Jill Dark,
Hazelbrook, Blue Mountains